Diariamente iremos aqui colocar informação específica sobre a prática do aborto em diversos países europeus. A informação foi recolhida e compilada em 2004 pelo International Planned Parenthood Federation (ver aqui), que recolheu e publicou este estudo.
Optámos por apresentar os resultado na lingua de publicação, o inglês.
Poremos um país por dia. Hoje é a Austria.
Member Association: Österreichische Gesellschaft für Familieplanung (ÖGF)
Federation Law 23 January 1974, effective in January 1975
Up to. three months from completed implantation:• On requestSecond trimester:• Risk to physical health of women• Risk to mental health of women• Foetal impairment• Risk to life of woman• Woman is a minor (under 14 years)
• Consultation with a doctor• Abortion must be carried out by a doctor
Induced abortion not paid for by (normal) health insurance• State hospitals: € 300 – 840(US$ 385 – 1075)• Private abortion clinics: € 350 – 450 (US$ 450 – 575)• Private practitioners: € 450 (US$ 575)
DISPARITY IN THE APPLICATION OF THE LAW:
• Due to conscientious objection from both medical personnel and hospital management, abortionfacilities are not readily available all over the country• According to the law, abortion can be performed up to 3 months after completed implantation, butin practice they are performed up to 12 weeks even though there is no legal basis for 12 weeksafter the LMP1
• According to the law, abortion can be performed by general practitioners and gynaecologists. Butthe regulation for Mifegyne allows the use of the drug only in hospitals and clinics, thereforemedical abortion can be performed only in hospitals and clinics. There are four private clinicsspecialised in abortion in
Vienna. They also offer medical abortion
• Very few public hospitals are offering abortion at a reasonable price (appr. 5 hospitals are offeringabortion for less than € 350). It is difficult for women to get an abortion especially outside Viennaand outside of other big cities
• Very few doctors perform abortions in private practice in rural areasAbortion tourism takes place from West to East Austria. Between 100 and 200 women per yearare still going to the Netherlands to get a late second trimester abortion. After the 18th weeks it ishardly possible to get an abortion in Austria.
• It is not believed that illegal abortion is practised on any scale. Statistics are not available
• Public information on the availability of abortion services is very scarce